Saturday, August 21, 2021

August

 Where has the time gone?      I started this post 2 weeks ago, but am only now finishing it. UGH!

Good news:  I got back two of my finished tops from my longarmers. So I have been working to add the binding.  Lots of steps and looooooonng sides as one is 90 inches square and the 2nd is a twin 90 inches long.  This is TIC TAC Go!  I love a wool batting and to have the pattern spread out so that it is puffy. 




The 2nd is my Springbrook twin quilt.  It is a Quilters Select batting, so much flatter. 



Bad news!  A  rotary cutting accident.   Seriously after 35 years of quilting!  

I immediately called for my husband and off we went to the doctor's office. 

Bleeding like a sun of a gun, I just wanted pain killers and someone to take care of it. 

No stitches, I just needed to stop the bleeding as I slit a good chunk of my finger nail and it  ripped off the top side of  my finger.   Several injections of pain killer worked. 



That was over a week ago.  Now I am delicately back to using it, including typing. 

Here are my aqua blocks for RSQ blocks.  Again, these are 5 1/4 inches squared. I have 4 more cut out to make the circle. 


Here are more pictures showing the quilting and attaching the striped binding to the twin quilt. The fabric already has the pattern on diagonal.  


A very pretty flowery design on the quilting. 



5 comments:

  1. Ouch! So sorry about your finger. I hope it heals quickly. 2 quilts finished! You have been busy despite the injury. Love the log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your RSC Circle completed and SEW sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident with the rotary cutter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. been there - one time I cut right though the nail and cut a slice of finger tip just about off - luckily I was able to hold it all together tightly and it healed fine without going to the doctor did have to keep it wrapped tight for awhile and healing for over a week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, so sorry to read about your finger injury. That must have been a shock and no doubt rather painful too, going through the nail.Guess we dont always take as much care as we should, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, not fun for the finger. I love your aqua log cabins, and your projects!

    ReplyDelete