Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Stitchery

 

The Stitchery is a quilt store in Wisconsin.   It is about an hour away from my home. 
And I have always enjoyed their kits which I have purchased at many quilt shows over the years. 
I recently became reacquainted with it through facebook:   the link if you want to see it: The Stitchery
You can see a tour of the shop.  

It is one of the featured quilts in my favorite quilt magazine, Quilt Sampler which comes out twice a year in spring about May and in fall and just came out this weekend. 
I have at least 18 years of issues.   I just love them and get so much inspiration from the displays, the colors, patterns shown, and displays. This is the new issue. 




The point of this is that I attended their celebration on Friday morning where they had cupcakes and cookies and so many wonderful things set up.  They were so excited to be featured and selected for the magazine. And I took a friend with me and made a rather large purchase. I even got the signature of her dad ( 90 years old) who makes many of the rag quilts and bulls eye quilts for the store. It was a great excursion.  Here is the page in the magazine with the "esteemed" signature. 

On to my latest sewing escapades. 
I am making sample blocks of a pattern by GE Designs for my quilt show committee. The pattern is Lucy.

It is made from 10 inch blocks, although you can do yardage. 
The pattern is 2 squares, cut and sewn and sliced again and then resewn.
I even purchased her Stipology Squared ruler, but mostly to use for cutting lots of strip piecing.



Here are 2 slightly different layouts of the 8 blocks I have. 

      

I am also attempting another color variation and I have changed the measurements to make smaller blocks.   It is mid process at the moment. 

The last thing I have to show is some counted cross. I have wanted to do the pattern all summer and am finally getting to it.   It is a sunflower that will have small branches curling around it with a border. 


I am thinking of my son and his family in Louisiana.   Hurricane Ida is not directly in his path, but it will be another struggle for the state after last year's Hurricane which put them out of power and work and school for a week. 

Positive thoughts for all those effected by the storm.
 











6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The brown fabric you used with your turquoise block is amazing! It looks like the turquoise is being mined from the ground! I am enthralled with the combination!
    I'm glad you are stitching up your sunflower - it sounds like it's going to be a graceful design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Quilt Sampler magazine and have a few. They are so much fun to thumb and read. Even years later, beautiful projects that surrounds you. Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying your son and his family are safe. That block is quite interesting. I have always loved the shop issue of that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers first off to your son and his family in Louisiana... I hope they are still out of the direct path of all that rain and wind! I love your quilt you are making and enjoyed the Stitchery tour too. The sunflower is too cute and a good thing to keep your mind off your son ! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear your son and family are not in the path of the storm! It will miss us here in Arkansas as well. What town is that lovely store located at? Now that my daughter will be relocated to Northern Arkansas I won't be exploring WI anymore -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for all of those who are being affected by Ida. I'm glad your son was not in the direct path, but I'm sure life will be difficult for a while. I love your new blocks! Especially since they are made of my favorite color. :) It will be fun to see where these go.

    ReplyDelete