Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Sewing again

 It is truly a quandry to leave 86 degrees and humid to 30 degrees and snowy in a day.  I was complaining ( to my self) how tired and uncomfortable I was walking around New Orleans and the next day I was popping into downtown Chicago freezing in my jeans jacket outside the train station. Such a contrast and it is April!!!!

I already miss the greenery of being down South. ( and of course, the beach)  This is frustrating up here : I don't even have tulips peeking out yet or buds on any trees. Poor robins trying to find food up here. 

But I am getting back to sewing.  I called my local LQS that services my sewing machine.  Who knew it would take an extra week to get it tuned up?  So I borrowed the extra sewing machine of a friend who had upgraded to a new Bernina. Her model is a few years newer than mine, and I like it already. 

So after taking apart my Sweet Dreams, I have added the sashing to the blocks and the outer border.  Yeah!    Now to layer it and quilt it.  



And I have caught up on the new Blockheads 4.    I love the color pallet and the softness of them. 

I really fell in love with Dandelion Girl, one of Joanne Figueroa's fabric lines many years ago.  This is my 4th quilt to be made of these colors. And I have added several fat quarters of her other similar lines to them along the way.  I still had so many leftovers, I just want to use them up. So hence the light late color for the background.  Funny, when I was searching my fabrics for another project, I found more fat quarters and a 2nd piece of late fabric.  


Oh, these are 9 inch blocks.  If you want to follow along: there is a facebook group which offers lots and lots of color variations. Plus Robin Pickens always does at least 4-6 color variations mock ups. Here is the link to the home page on Moda Fabrics  to find the blocks to make:  https://my.modafabrics.com/inspiration-resources/blockheads-4-archive









3 comments:

  1. yes that is kind of cold after being in the humidity that you were in! and that your sewing machine was ready!! when you got home that just must have ruined your day. I always tend to forget how cold it stays in Wisconsin in April - here we keep getting one short cold spell after another and I'm glad I didn't plant my garden still like some people 36 tonight would be a little cold for tomato plants glad I'm holding off on that for another couple weeks - with the way this crazy weather has been this spring I won't be surprised to see another freezing spell before the end of the month

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outer border is really stunning!!! Pretty quilt top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are all so warm and soft looking. Going back to cold weather is always discouraging! Hope you see some green in your yard soon.

    ReplyDelete