Sunday, April 17, 2022

UFO and goals

 I have many Unfinished projects: some are in stages, in plastic boxes, some are old and I mean decades old, and some are from last year, some were planned for others, etc.  You get the picture.  But I realized  as I tried to keep trying to organize my sewing area, and find lost and found items, and get rid of others that this is a weakness for me and I don't mind some degree of clutter. 

I have been having a great deal of fun watching Youtube quilters. I love Pat Sloan and have started some of her projects.  And I also love Karen Brown on Just Get It Done. And what has especially sounded the bell and made me feel comfortable with me is their honesty and their process thinking.  For that I mean, they admit to getting distracted, putting projects aside, and even getting frustrated with things they are doing. But I love the thinking out loud debates about why they chose this color or this pattern or whatever. I am heading some of their suggestions: like just changing much needed rotary blades, or working on things for short timed increments. 

So I am taking some much needed advice and 

1) Am working on UFOs.  In fact over the next month, I hope to quilt a project each week.  I have at least 4 waiting to be done. Karen Brown had a video just on this topic.  Points that have stuck are to get some of the easy ones out of the way for a "win". You know the ones that don't have too much left to do. And it is encouraging me to continue.  So that is what this is about. Getting easy things done and that means small quilts 2 of which I have made this spring. 2 others that are just waiting and even one of them is started. If you want to see the link to Karen's program:  t  v=AZEiQD8ROBY&list=PLchS26NEYgVw6wnulP9qQoztWMGLLQcAp&index=2

First project quilted and the binding on:  ( It was too big for my table, so I subdivided it. My daughter is happy with the gift.)


Up close: straight line quilting 


Pattern: Mini Yellow Brick road using Stacy Hsu charm pack


2) Am trying to organize and clean up my sewing .  It started as getting things ready for the Bargain Bin at our quilt show which was a couple of weeks ago. I have donated unused blocks, unfinished projects, tools I no longer use and more.  2 bags worth donated. And I am finding more. I am starting Karen's organization she did for the month of January, but taking it at my own pace. 


Easter Dinner:   I had fun making carrot bags: free pattern from Connecting Threads.

Of course, they were filled with Easter Candy.  It's hard to see, but there are 2 different green and orange fabrics.  The 3rd carrot already hippity hopped to my daughter's.


And from our table to yours: Happy Easter!   He is risen!




No comments:

Post a Comment