Friday, April 22, 2022

Sweet dream finish!

 Another UFO bites the dust: 

I really enjoyed the piecing of Sweet Dreams from Pat Sloan.  And when she got to combining these blocks for the center, I liked it and decided I would quit there.  I had already purchased the blue to put around the border and the print which ended up going on the back.  And I knew I didn't have enough to make the larger size.


I altered it by adding the sashing between the 9 inch blocks. I kept thinking of how to add another setting strip around it, but the half square triangles would not come out even. 
I also made the binding out of the same blue print. 

So I did a lot of straight line quilting to finish the quilt with my walking foot. As it is just a stash buster and not destined for any competition, I stopped.  

I did add a rod pocket and I will give it to the sweetheart who has the matching quilt.



So what to do with the rest of the scraps?????????



5 comments:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed your Colourful post. Like this quilt here, they are all beautiful. I especially loved your large star quilt. Happy stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so well. What size is it? Like Karen above I wondered if it could be used as a baby blanket. Such pretty soft colors.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and pretty quilt. I love your blue border and the backing is perfect. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments. Yes, it is baby size. The blocks are 9 inches bringing the total size to 36 inches squared.

    ReplyDelete