Monday, June 25, 2018

My row by row is back

After 8 months and working on rows for 4 other quilters, the big reveal for all of us was at our last quilt guild meeting.  The row I provided for inspiration was the top one.  I had originally made the blocks to replicate a Carrie Nelson quilt in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine that you can get online. Link here
But I was unable to use them for the project intended and put the large and small blocks  together in an unusual setting



.  I am so impressed with the additions of the other quilters.  I may tweak the last row.  I am also going to add some wool accents: trees, cats, cars, etc around the buildings.  It really is amazing. If you look close you will see a cool car on the third row.  So exciting!



As for my quilting, I am making a table runner for my nephew's bride to be. There is a shower in Indiana later this week.  I need to cut and add sashing to these three blocks then sew them together, quilt and bind it.  It shouldn't be too hard if I stay the course. This is also a pattern on All People Quilt.  Link here

This is a project to go with our guild's raffle quilt.  There were 5 extra blocks after putting it together.  As we were organizing all the leftover fabrics from the last several raffle quilts to add to our bargain room, there was a yard of a beautiful orange/ rust batik that went with it.  I volunteered to make a small project out of these.  So far all I have is the connecting blocks and the sashings cut. 


Lastly, here are my two grandkids with matching shirts when we went to the library and had a Grandma day!  


3 comments:

  1. Your row by row turned out beautifully! It will be even better with your embellishments. How fun! Your table runner is very striking in the red, white and blue. I'm going to have to put this idea in my memory bank for a future patriotic runner for my family. Cute grands, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house quilt is so pretty! I really like your idea of embellishing it with cars and such! You are so creative. Thank you for sharing!

    Your grandsons are adorable. I'm sure you enjoyed your Grandma Day!

    ReplyDelete