Thursday, June 28, 2018

Ruler work

A couple of years ago, I purchased a set of Sew Steady rulers and special Westalee foot to do some ruler quilting with my domestic sewing machine: not a long arm. 
I was anxious to try something new and the demonstrator made it look easy. She ended up being in my new quilt guild and gave another demonstration at  a meeting.  I wanted to know more.

So she gave a hands-on instruction class at my local sewing machine store and I took both the intro and now the  class with instruction sheet and book.  I lugged my machine and plastic table there and spent a morning experimenting with them; her guidance was exceptional. 


So here are my samples: using all of the variety of rulers: a total of 6 of them. 
There are some use use to make lines and others you use inside to make designs.

Don't look too closely at my work, I really need more practice to get the hang of it.  Practice makes perfect. But I had fun with a variegated thread and am looking forward to quilting with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment