Sunday, March 20, 2022

Finally: binding to finish

 I have been working on the this finish  all week. Feathering Time!

The quilting has been fun and challenging. I have never done feathers before. Lots of research and lots of practice. What would we do without Youtube videos?  That and lots of drawing practice. Both really helped. 



And while the borders were kind of like fluid and flowed up and around, the center was a little harder. To plan and space it, I used a compass to draw the three concentric circles and then mark the subsections to get them evenly spaced.  I used the old bicycle leg clips to hold the rolled up borders and make the center more manageable to quilt.  I found that the weight dragged when doing some of the border sections. 




It was well worth the effort. And I will definitely keep using the technique. 


I did enjoy the relaxing hand sewing of the binding and rod pocket.  

And it is done and hanging in the front hall.  Hooray!



4 comments:

  1. Your quilted feathers look wonderful, congratulations. I havent attempted anything like this yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous and love the colors that you used. How exciting to have it finished and on display. Have a wonderful week. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the colors, the design, and the feathers. You should feel very good about your hard work.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time feathers - you rock!! Jane

    ReplyDelete