Thursday, March 24, 2022

This and that

 Lately, I have been watching a lot of quilters online.  Hence, my Pat Sloan Sweet Dreams: which I am ready to redo the center.   I love making the blocks.  And I really love my Springbrook fabric. But I  am finding it very busy as all the fabrics are medium prints. I have been debating what to do.  

Last night I laid it on the floor with various colors as my borders .  I have decided to take it apart and put a white sashing between the blocks. The pairs of half square triangles in blue are ready to sew together and put as my last border.  ( I think.)   Here is a messy picture of where it is at. 



But my purpose in telling about what I have learned from the video and written blogs is that it is SOOO nice to hear that others are like me. ( Or that I am like others, whichever.)  I grew up having to do ONE project at a time.  I get it, times were hard and that is how my mom worked. But that is not like me. 
And I love what I do, but I have many projects going all the time. Yesterday I worked on 3 different things.   ( And sorted and planned another.)    If you get my drift, I may be a little abstract random in my mind. But it is O.K.   

Further, I love hearing Pat Sloan or others talk out loud. And by that I mean, share their decision making. The other day she discussed how she was selecting a border fabric. She laid out different options and still hemmed and hawed on which one to choose.  Sometimes, we make quick decisions and others, we fret over. Again, it is how I feel.  It is reinforcing how things work with me.  

As for other projects: 
This is Block 1 of the Blockheads 4 sew along by Moda fabrics. It is called Square Wheel and the pattern is on Kansas Troubles blog as well as a few other places like Moda and Bear Creek Quilting Company as well as many of the other Moda designers.  It also has a facebook page. There are so many samples already made and yesterday morning was when it was released. 

These are leftover Fig Tree fabrics with a warm light brown background. Nothing new has been purchased.  ( But another project started)


And the last block is for a friend's daughter in law who is moving to the east coast. 








4 comments:

  1. I think your project will look good with the white sashing - it will divide it up well. I have not listened to other bloggers - Pat Sloan you say - any others? Long ago I worked on one project at a time from start to finish - I was working then and it was all I could handle and I wanted to make sure I finished - after I stopped worked I went crazy and started many and still do - but I finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your plan to add sashing to your Sweet Dreams blocks is a great idea. Separating the blocks will keep them from blending together too much. Beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your current arrangement is too busy, but totally agree with you about laying things out and changing your mind and rearranging or changing how something is going to come together. I do that often, and like you I always have multiple projects going at the same time. I may work primarily on one for awhile but it's rare to have less than 3 things going. Good luck on your projects, looking forward to seeing things progress.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making blog rounds and waving hi. Hope all is well.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete