Wednesday, March 16, 2022

What a great response!

 I loved getting all kinds of good replies from the blog hop:  Carol at Just Let me Quilt organized it. 

Thank you. So many wonderful quilters from all over the world making such great projects.




But that is not all I have been working on:

Here are some of my blocks from Sweet Dreams by Pat Sloan.  I really do enjoy a good block to make. Easy to do in a day.  Or several if you have them cut out. 
And I had LOTS of leftover hourglass blocks after I scrapped the extra borders on my Timeless Tidbits quilt. So I started making these.  More to come. 


And this is what I made using the Quilts Plus blocks I purchased at a quilting rummage sale. 


Close up of the gorgeous border fabric I am cutting up. 


And Lastly  Ta da da DAHHHHH. I learned to quilt feathers this weekend.
I watched many videos from Natalia Bonner, Doug Lecko and more.  Bold Notion Quilting was instrumental in showing steps toward advancing technique albeit on a long arm machine. 
So I watched and then I drew and drew and drew on paper filling up pages with pencil practice. 

Finally I started practicing on a quilt sandwich. And it got better and better.



So my goal was to quilt the borders of this quilt. ( I had already done the stitch in the ditch through all the centers of the hourglass blocks. ) 

And I DID IT!  Not too bad. 

 It was really fun and I developed the muscle memory to keep doing it.  It did prove to be a little harder to wrestle the quilt which was not as easy or and more weighty to move as the sample had been 
 This is I close up.  WOOT WOOT!


Lastly my new door quilt for St Patrick's day!




2 comments:

  1. Your feathers look great, as do all your wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking feathers and a very fun shamrock too!

    ReplyDelete