Saturday, March 5, 2022

Packing for retreat.

 Startitis that darn bug.   I have been watching Pat Sloan of late and do so enjoy here perspective on quilting.  I really learn from her "discussions" of why she chooses certain fabrics or colors. And her digressions are fun as well. She has so many ideas and projects and ....

So what has she got me hooked on?   Well, 2 new projects.

1) I am doing her Sweet Dreams block of the week using my leftovers from a graduation quilt I made last year.  I just love the bright springy colors of Corey Yoder. And I even ordered more of the large print for some borders.

And for retreat, I am cutting out all the blocks to assemble on retreat. At least I have started. Hopefully I can finish all 9 by this afternoon.

Here is the link to that page;  Sweet dreams

I love how each block has a baking/dessert name and sometimes recipes as well.


2) I have this large bag of Kansas Trouble fabrics. I need to use them . So she is doing a block a day called String Beans. It is a basic log cabin with 2 1/2 inch strips around a large rectangle in the middle.

Here is her pattern which is well written and has many versions to make using 30 blocks or even bigger.

You can see when she first posted the quilt along in 2015 and many of the finished quilts in different color ways making different patterns.       String Bean pattern




And I am thinking of making her block for Ukraine which is a beautiful yellow and blue like the flag. 

Block for Ukraine   She is also doing a fundraiser through Unicef for the children. Check out her video on Youtube.




And I am packing all these are more for a quilt retreat starting tomorrow. Uninterrupted quilting time with good friends. Hooray. I have so many projects packed. I wonder which ones will be finished or worked on?




1 comment: