Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Blockheads: 3 more!

Small blocks, that's what these blockheads are!  Only 6 inches finished.  So I really get practice being precise in my seam allowance and cutting.  

My fabrics are all from different lines from Kansas Troubles.  And of course I purchased more.  It is hard to get the navys as they sell out fast. 
This is block 41  And the half square triangles in the pinwheels needed trimming down.  ( according to directions by Lisa Bongean)  So I took it apart and redid the center.


Block 39 from Jo Morton

Block 43 from, Lynne Hagmeier



Now only 5 blocks left and then here is what I am thinking of doing for my setting: 

how to sew simple modern sampler quilt

Here is the link from Color Girl blog: Link
My plan is to have the light beige print for one zig zag and the second be either the gold of Kansas Troubles or a background with a colored print from the same general coloration.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this layout. It adds some spark, but not enough to take away from your blocks. Great piecing on those little blocks!

    ReplyDelete