Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Henrietta goes Over the River


My house is out of sorts as I am getting a new sliding glass door for my patio. It was 40 years old; the screen door was immovable and the seals had broken on the glass panes of the door giving it a dull look no amount of glass cleaner could help.
So that room is where my sewing machine and cutting table reside   and now the living room is a make due substitute as I needed to give the crew space. 
The doors were to be done yesterday, but now it will take a few more days. Can't wait to use them!



So I have been doing embroidery on my Over the River panel from Crabapple Hill.  I am seeing progress slowly.    Most of this section was done over the weekend watching a couple movies.


And I have prepared two more blocks for Henrietta Whiskers ( out of 5 left to do)   These are a 9 block applique by Bunny Hill.  Each of the 9 blocks has applique with pumpkins, or  crows, and Henrietta Whiskers with a little patchwork on the sides. I initially started with needle turn and abandoned them. I like the wool much better. Now I can blanket stitch these. 

2 comments:

  1. We are getting ready to start a big renovation of several things at my house. It will be a mess for weeks, but worth it! Your Henrietta blocks are so cute. Enjoy your new doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Crab Apple Hill designs and have more of their patterns than I will every have time in my life to make. I have completed two of the Snowman ones so I know how much work they are. THey are truly beautiful though.

    I also love your applique' blocks.

    ReplyDelete