Thursday, January 27, 2022

Field Trip for FABRIC

 What a wonderful day!  A friend and I took a field trip to Illinois for quilting.

We both needed to go to Pieceful Gatherings in Fox River Grove.  I dropped off my exchange blocks for them to avoid the postage fees.  I had made two sets of blocks and am excited to see what I get in return.

I have finished my BOM blocks, all 9 of them. I needed fabric for setting. And boy did they come up with the perfect fabrics to make the top. I can't wait to put it together. A lovely beige/tan with a brown design. And the best part is a great striped pattern with red and brown.  I intend to make it into sashing and the border. 

I also had to fill in some low spots in the stash with blues and pinks.

And 2,  count them, 2 packs of 5 inch assorted squares of lights and darks.  Yummy!



We had a lovely lunch and then shopped at Fresh Thyme followed by custard at Julie Ann's.  It was a phenomenal ice cream sundae.  Oh, the best. It was super cold outside, but we found a spot in the sun. I recommend them highly.  There are multiple locations, but we were in Crystal Lake, Illinois.

Then I "coerced" my driving partner to go to Material Girl.  Such a contrast in shops.  So bright and modern. We found so much just as we entered the door. They had scrap packs for 5 dollars each. 



And an awesome table runner of a pattern they have created for cut Loose Press.  ( their creations)

They are published on a card as an individual pattern.  And the construction is sort of like a Buggy barn pattern. 


And although this is not a rendering of that pattern, here is another scrappy heart block.



Here is the link for this other heart block by Pat Sloan. 
Pat even showed how to construct it in her daily video today, January 27th on youtube.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=rm&ogbl#inbox/FMfcgzGmthdTzwZScpQGnqpmWJkzDRJC?projector=1&messagePartId=0.1


3 comments:

  1. I bet it was nice to get out wasn't it - looks like you had fun shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful day with your friend! Those are the best days... shopping for fabric and enjoying a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable heart quilt block. Thanks for the link to the tutorial

    ReplyDelete